miércoles, 4 de abril de 2012

Sandles, sandels and sandals...

This is what happens when you are too lazy to look up a word that has whisked out of your brain.  It's not as if the dictionary were in another room, either.  It is on a stand right by the computer, but that means I have to get up and turn pages, God help us.  And try learning another language.  It will make your English go to the devil.  I have a wonderful computer program for learning Italian, and it has made me grind to a halt, communication-wise.  My brain goes into some kind of gear-stripping buzz that can't come up with the right word in any language at all until, perhaps, several hours later.

Today the Toots and I only went two kilometers because I was tired, sore, and hungry, but he behaved wonderfully.  I may be able to trot with him before long.  It has dawned on him that there will be no leash, thus no walk, if he goes bananas at the very thought of going out.  So now the uproar of getting him into the underleg doo-dad has calmed to a mere routine.  Today we went by another wonderful Sheltie, the soul of civilization, and a black Lab totally out of control that was dragging its owner down the path.  The Toots did not try to dash to one side, he didn't yank on his leash, he didn't whine.  Is victory within sight??

No hay comentarios: