martes, 10 de mayo de 2011

Back at the daily grind...

Rain is predicted for tomorrow and Thursday, but no one believes it. For weeks now, it has clouded up every afternoon--big, dark, roiling clouds--but nothing happens. Or it is cloudy in the morning and then the sun comes out to bake us all. The only positive part is that the early mornings are cool enough to enable me to run.


It was back to the daily grind today, but somehow it just wasn't as hard as it was two weeks ago. Nevertheless, I told Adrián that, much as I appreciated his knowledge and dedication, the idea that I could run 5K in 25 minutes by August borders on the hallucinatory. I told him I had virtual running pals who could back me up on this. He laughed and told me to figure out what kind of cake to bake when I was proven wrong, since he loves goodies. At that point I made a formal bet with him--from my end, a dark chocolate French tart with chocolate crust. He will have to go out and buy a cake for me, but I'm going to ask for a "tres leches" cake. Stay tuned for the outcome.


This morning the Ski Pole Lady gave me a beaming smile when she saw me. Did she miss me? I smiled back, and maybe if we can eventually slide into a conversation, I can ask her what the hell she is doing. The curiosity is killing me. It's those ski gloves that put her over the top, and I've simply GOT to know what is up with this gal.

Hal seems to have given up, but he may be waiting in the wings for something worse than the destruction of paragraphs.

It's off to the store with me, again....

1 comentario:

WendyBird dijo...

I bet the ski pole lady is a Nordic Walker. It was all the rage when we lived in Germany. They hold classes for it even!